The function of Expenditure and Financial Reporting resides under the Finance Department, which is headed by the CFO: In terms of the newly approved structure, the function has a staff compliment of 22 employees, inclusive of the Supply Chain Manager.
Finance unit is primarily responsible for the following functions:
1. Payment of employees and councillors’ remuneration
2. Payment of municipality’s services providers
3. Management of municipal bank accounts and investments
4. Management of municipal grants, subsidies and donations
5. Management of municipality’s insurance portfolio
6. Management of municipality loans
7. Management of VAT and submission of SARS returns
8. Assist in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements and during audit
The unit is directly accountable to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, who reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.